Water and energy are the issues of this millennium.
This conference on desalination for the environment will be devoted to advances towards providing fresh water for all, at affordable cost and at economical energy requirements. With limited and depleting natural sources, desalination can supplement some of the critically lacking amounts of water needed for sustainable development.
Its place in the water cycle will be discussed. The conference will overview the most recent developments in desalination technology, its cost and extent of application, including socio-economic and environmental issues.
It will bring together research scientists, decision makers, managers, design engineers and operators from water companies, industries, government departments, consulting firms, research institutes and universities.
The place of industry, research and government decision making in this booming market will be addressed.
Why and how desalination should be integrated into the national or regional water management plans, ensuring socio- economic and environmental benefits, will be the focal point of the conference.
JOIN OUR EXHIBITORS HERE
- Feedwater pretreatment for desalination
- Seawater desalination by reverse osmosis
- Brackish water desalination
- Nanofiltration, ultrafiltration, microfiltration in water treatment processes
- Forward osmosis
- Pressure retarded osmosis
- Removal of specific compounds
- Membrane performance and maintenance
- Membrane reuse
- Pre-treatment and post-treatment of desalinated water
- Recent developments in desalination
- Advanced wastewater treatment
- Renewable energy for desalination
- Energy recovery technology
- Thermal seawater desalination
- Desalination and water in industries: Oil and gas/Mining/Food and beverage
- Corrosion and scaling
- Material selection
- Low-cost water purification for remote and disaster areas
- Water scarcity and the environment
- Water resource management
- Desalination projects, financing schemes
- Cost of desalination and water treatment
- Environmental impact considerations
- Concentrate handling
- Science to business